Two weeks ago I was away on a work trip and I decided to try to capture footage to potentially make a vlog out of. Here’s some lessons I learned.
- The Insta360 ONE X is a good camera for this sort of thing, but
- I do need a short handle or selfie stick or something for it. Otherwise all footage will contain my hand.
- The audio capturing abilities of it, even in loud environments, is great.
- A few shots of me walking down halls are fun, but if all my shots are of me walking down halls that is one boring vlog.
- I need some kind of narrative through line. Sure, a lot can be fixed “in post” but if there’s no footage for a narrative, then there’s really no point of making a vlog.
- I need to watch more vlogs, if I’m going to make vlogs. Right now it is painfully obvious that CGP Grey’s vlogs are the only ones I watch. I even sort of imitate his speech-pattern when I try to vlog. Embarrassed
So no, there won’t be a finished vlog this time but is was fun to try.